Re: [platform-debug-dev] [Memory View]: Changing selection in Variables view affects the content of Memory view

Hi Mikhail -

The reason for listening for selection events from the workbench and not
just from the Debug View is because I wanted the Memory View to be more
flexible and generic.  I do not want to force the view to only show its
content based on selection from the Debug View.  Although most views are
working off selection from the Debug View at the moment, there could be
cases where a view is displaying content from multiple targets.  And the
memory view could show memory blocks from these targets based on the
selection from this view.

Thanks...
Samantha

             "Mikhail
             Khodjaiants"
             <mikhailk@xxxxxxx                                          To
             >                         "Eclipse Platform Debug component
             Sent by:                  developers list."
             platform-debug-de         <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             v-bounces@eclipse                                          cc
             .org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [platform-debug-dev] [Memory
             06/17/2005 03:00          View]: Changing selection in
             PM                        Variables view affects the content
                                       of Memory view

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              Debug component
             developers list."

Samantha,

Is there an example why this approach is better than just to connect the
Memory view to the selection in the Debug view?

Thanks,
Mikhail