[platform-debug-dev] Bug 90289: filtering target change events in the Registers/Variables views

Hi,

The CDT debugger fires target change events to notify the Registers view when user-defined register groups are added or removed. We also allow users to add global variables to the Variables view during the debugging session(an arguable decision, but customers are happy with it). These features stopped working since bug #90289 had been fixed. In these cases I can, probably, find a workaround by obtaining the current debug context (stack frame) and firing stack frame change events. But in general I don't think that filtering target change events was a good idea.

Thanks,
Mikhail Khodjaiants
QNX Software Systems

Back to the top