Re: [platform-debug-dev] debugging threads

Just set a breakpoint in some code you know will be run in the thread, the debuggger will suspend the your application there.

For more info, check the help provided with the SDK (help>help).
The Java debugger is described in 'Java Development User Guide>Getting started>Basic Tutorial' and 'Java Development User Guide>Tasks>Running and Debugging'.

In the future, please ask such questions in the newsgroups.

Luc

Tejas Kokje wrote:
Hi,

Does eclipse provide with facility to debug threads. My application has 7 threads which are started from the main function. Now after 7 threads are started, the debugging is stopped (since now the work is carried out by threads).
How can I step into thread ? Can anybody point me to some good tutorial on debugging threads using eclipse or any other tool for that matter ?

Thank You

Tejas Kokje
Graduate Student (Computer Science)
University of Southern California