[platform-debug-dev] Memory View API: replace MemoryByte by interface

Hi,

The "IMemoryBlockExtension" interface contains the "getBytesFromOffset" and "getBytesFromAddress" methods. Both methods return arrays of "MemoryByte" objects. In our implementation "IMemoryBlockExtension" objects act as wrappers for our internal memory block objects. This means that we have to duplicate the memory block bytes to generate arrays of "MemoryByte" objects.
Replacing the "MemoryByte" class or an array of "MemoryByte" objects by an interface that provides access to the memory block bytes and flags would be the way to make the implementation of "IMemoryBlockExtension" more efficient.

Thanks,
Mikhail Khodjaiants
QNX Software Systems

Back to the top