RE: [platform-debug-dev] Concurrent Debug against J2ME emulators?

The concurrency is controlled by the impementation of the debug model. The
Java debugger allows concurrency where it can, as JDI supports it. For
example, reading attribtues for stack frames. The model ensures thread
safety when it comes to modifying a thread. For example, you can only
perform one step operation or evaluation on any given thread at one time.
It's not something a client is intended to control - it's inherent in the
debug architecture.

We do not intend to add API to control it, as we found this problematic
(see the "Findings" section):

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-debug-home/r3_1/docs/concurrency/Concurrency-Debug.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

Darin

"Setera, Craig" <csetera@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/07/2004 03:27 PM
Please respond to
platform-debug-dev

<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [platform-debug-dev] Concurrent Debug against J2ME emulators?

Fair enough.  I've been meaning to do a bit of testing of EclipseME to see
how well it is working within the 3.1 stream.  I will plan on picking up
the new milestone build and checking things out a bit.

I've been following the concurrency discussion from a distance.  How much
control is there over the concurrency of each debug session?  Is this
something that I can have EclipseME control as an external plugin calling
into the JDT debugger support?  If not, is that something that could be
added to the API somewhere?

Thanks,
Craig