Re: [platform-debug-dev] debug history not helping my cause

Please file a bug with the sample test case that demonstrates the problem.
Please include the VM version you are using to run Eclipse and debug your
program, as well as the Eclipse version you are using.

Thanks,

Darin

"Jose Correia" <jose.correia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/21/2004 06:50 AM
Please respond to
platform-debug-dev

<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] debug history not helping my cause

Hi all

I have a project (let's call it p1) whose classes depend on another
project's classes (let's call it p2).  This is done by setting this second
project on the build path.

The class with the main method lies on this p2 project (project p1
contains
basically a subcomponent of p2). When I create my Java Application under
"Debug Run..." I specify the "Project" to be P1 though (so that if I put
break points on any class of P1, these can be traced).

I now attached a break point to a class in P2. Ok everything is working
fine
until I make a code change in this class. I save it (using Eclipse 3 M8)
so
it compiles the class automatically.

I now run the Debugger again. It goes to my break point (which I put on a
method call), I step into it but instead of going to the first line of the
method definition it goes a couple lines above it (to the end of another
method). I assume this was because I added a few extra lines but somehow
it
was still savingand reading from the previous state of this file, so I
tried
cleaning it, rebuilding P1 and P2, closing eclipse, reopening it and
trying
again... to no avail.

If the Debugger is not going to the correct line then it is pretty
useless... I tried looking at the workspace and .config directories of
eclipse to see if there was some cache that I could remove but no luck...
any ideas anyone? Is this a well-known issue?(even though I couldn't find
it
under archives or eclipse bugs)

Thanks in advance
Jose Correia