[platform-debug-dev] Proposal: change the label of the "Disconnect" action to "Detach"

Hi,

we propose to change the the label of the "Disconnect" action to "Detach".

Rationale:

We have implemented a debugger using the eclipse debug model and
views. The debug view has an action labeled "Disconnect". This
disconnects or detaches the debugger from the debugee. I think
the name is "inspired" by java debugging. Unfortunately,
the terms connect/disconnect overloaded, especially when
dealing with remote or embedded targets (devices, computers). The
terms attach/detach are a little less overloaded and used by some
debuggers (like gdb).

When debugging a remote computer (remote target), "connect/disconnect"
is used to connect to the remote machine. Then one can "attach/detach" to
processes or tasks on that remote machine. "Disconnect" means then
loosing the connection to that machine. Using connect/disconnect for
both "actions" might be confusing. And using "attach/detach" for
connection to the remote target sounds wrong.

Does this proposal make sense?

Michael
--
     ''''\     Michael Scharf