[platform-debug-dev] "Experimental" APIs for 3.0?

Taking a step back for a moment today, it seems to me that some of our
new 3.0 API might fall into the category of "soon to be dated" by future
changes in the platform. The context-to-view-binding support and
context-menu-launching support come to mind in particular.

I can easily imagine the context-related view management story moving
into the Workbench post 3.0. And I don't think it's unimaginable that we
might one day be able to contribute actions directly to a submenu of an
objection contribution. If either of these things happen in the future,
we're going to end up with API that we don't want to support.

Finally to my question... Is it possible to tag some of our new API
(things we think could end up getting pushed down) as "experimental" for
3.0? If so, are there any other APIs that would fall into this category?
Figured I'd mention this *before* the official freeze. ;-)

Thanks,
- Jared

Back to the top