Re: [platform-debug-dev] Ideas for Bug 30816?

Sorry about not responding to your last comment in the bug report. You posted
that update while we were all away for the holiday. :)

In the bug report, you say you're able to make the KVM happier by enabling
class prepare requests. The specific method you say you're calling doesn't
exist. I assume you're creating this method and making it create a
ClassPrepareRequest for "*"? When you do this, how much happier does the
KVM's debug support become? Does it just fix line numbers?

About the concurrency problem you mentioned... You'll just have to look at
that one more closely, preferrably sharing more information with us as you
go. You said you see two resume events to our VirtualMachineImpl coming from
separate threads. Which threads are they and what do the stack traces look
like? Do you see any obvious problems?

Thanks for your help on this problem. We don't have cycles to spend exploring
this ourselves, so your help is appreciated.

- Jared
P.S. I'm CC'ing the jdt-debug-dev mailing list because this is really a JDT
issue, not a platform issue. Once you're subscribed to the JDT debug list,
please send all future replies that way.

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 10:13 am, Setera, Craig wrote:
> I know the Eclipse debug team is very busy with 3.0 work.  I'm wondering if
> anyone on this list has any further thoughts on how to proceed on Bug
> 30816?  I updated this bug over the holiday season with some new
> information I gathered, but I'm uncertain what the next step is that I can
> take to try to solve this problem.  Anyone have any tips for me?  I'd like
> to see this fixed and I'm trying to do what I can, but I feel pretty stuck
> right now.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> Craig Setera
> Master Software Engineer, SPSS, Rochester MN
> 507 - 287 - 2826
> csetera@xxxxxxxx
>
> Sun Certified Java Programmer, Developer and
> Web Component Developer

Back to the top