[platform-debug-dev] Re: Source Lookup Path proposal (Mikhail Khodjaiants)

Hi Mikhail,

Rather than having an option to search sub-folders, I plan to have the
folder source location search subfolders by default. Of course, if a
partial path is added to the filename, it will leave that as-is, and see it
that path works with each of the subfolders.

There will be an extension point for creating your own locations, so you
could create a location that does this mapping. Alternatively, if you can
obtain the mapping information somehow, you could have your source locator
do this mapping before asking the locations to find the file.  It really is
the source locator's job to figure out the name of the file (and
path/partial path if desired).

Thanks.
Kristen Desarmo
Debugger Development
IBM Toronto Lab

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           platform-debug-dev-request@|
|         |           eclipse.org                |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           platform-debug-dev-admin@ec|
|         |           lipse.org                  |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           27/11/2003 04:55 PM        |
|         |           Please respond to          |
|         |           platform-debug-dev         |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  platform-debug-dev digest, Vol 1 #239 - 3 msgs                                                                              |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

From: "Mikhail Khodjaiants" <mikhailk@xxxxxxx>
To: <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [platform-debug-dev] Source Lookup Path proposal
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:42:03 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0166_01C3B505.62ED5210

Hi Kristen,

Just a couple of questions.

How can I set the 'Search subfolders' option for folder based source =
locations?

Suppose, a C or C++ library is built in different location (for example, =
on different machine) than sources and the debug information contains =
the full paths. I would like to describe a source location that maps =
paths from debug information to existing paths.

Thank you,
Mikhail Khodjaiants
QNX Software Systems Ltd.

Back to the top