Re: [platform-debug-dev] Generic watch expressions

Here's my first round of feedback...

* Need some more javadoc for IWatchExpressionDelegate, IWatchExpressionListener, IWatchExpressionResult (i.e. the class javadoc is empty)
* Need extension point schema for the watch _expression_ delegate extension point
* I think the implementation of WatchExpression should *not* be public. It should be internal, with a factory method on the _expression_ manager to create a new watch _expression_. We likely need at #setExpressionText(..) method to IWatchExpression. This too should trigger an update of the value if a valid context is already set.
* What happens if a context is set while a value is being computed (i.e already in progress)? Should the behavior be spec'd?

Darin

Jared Burns <jaredburns@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/08/2003 10:33 AM