Re: [platform-debug-dev] suggestion for the Launch Config API

Joe,

I have opened a bugzilla enhancement request (27989) for the feature below.
I used 'Debug' component since I didn't see a separate component for launch
configurations.

Thanks,
Vadim

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           "Joe Szurszewski"        |
|         |           <Joe_Szurszewski@xxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:                 |
|         |           platform-debug-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org              |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           12/06/2002 01:58 PM      |
|         |           Please respond to        |
|         |           platform-debug-dev       |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-debug-dev] suggestion for the Launch Config API                             |
  |                                                                                                           |
  |                                                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Vadim,

I think it's a reasonable request.  Please file a bugzilla enhancement
request, and be sure to give a detailed description of at least one use
case for the new API.

Joe

   berestet@xxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by:                             To:
   platform-debug-dev-admin@ecl platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   ipse.org                             cc:
                                        Subject:
                                [platform-debug-dev] suggestion for the
   12/06/2002 11:42 AM          Launch Config API
   Please respond to
   platform-debug-dev

Hello,

I was wondering what you guys think about the following suggestion for the
launch configuration API change:

Tab group owners should be notified whenever a 'Debug' or 'Run' button is
pressed. This will give them a chance to perform final checks before
continuing
with the launch. Some checks that require long time to run are not
practical to
perform when corresponding control or even entire tab is updated. This
notification
should be 'unique' in a sense that they should know that this is 'a final'
check before
the launch.

I have brought this up in 2.0, but it seemed to be quite late for the API
change.
Currently, we work around this issue by performing all 'final' checks in
the
delegate and putting the launch configuration dialog back up.

Thanks,
Vadim Berestetsky
Distributed Debugger Development