[platform-debug-dev] suggestion for the Launch Config API

Hello,

I was wondering what you guys think about the following suggestion for the
launch configuration API change:

Tab group owners should be notified whenever a 'Debug' or 'Run' button is
pressed. This will give them a chance to perform final checks before
continuing
with the launch. Some checks that require long time to run are not
practical to
perform when corresponding control or even entire tab is updated. This
notification
should be 'unique' in a sense that they should know that this is 'a final'
check before
the launch.

I have brought this up in 2.0, but it seemed to be quite late for the API
change.
Currently, we work around this issue by performing all 'final' checks in
the
delegate and putting the launch configuration dialog back up.

Thanks,
Vadim Berestetsky
Distributed Debugger Development

Back to the top