Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debug performance problem

Thanks Darin, I had no clue... it must be just next door :-)

Vadim

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           "Darin Wright"           |
|         |           <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxx>   |
|         |           Sent by:                 |
|         |           platform-debug-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org              |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           12/02/2002 08:59 PM      |
|         |           Please respond to        |
|         |           platform-debug-dev       |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debug performance problem                                        |
  |                                                                                                           |
  |                                                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The "Run-time workbench" launch config is supplied by PDE. That is the best
place to file a bug ask a quesiton about its performance. Since the PDE
team is Toronto too, you may be able to "drop in" on the PDE team :-)

Darin

   berestet@xxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by:                               To:
   platform-debug-dev-admin@eclip platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   se.org                                 cc:
                                          Subject:
                                  [platform-debug-dev] Debug performance
   12/02/2002 06:31 PM            problem
   Please respond to
   platform-debug-dev

Hello everyone,

A number of teams in Toronto came across some serious performance problem
using
Java debugger with the  'Run-time workbench' launch configuration in the
ECLIPSE IDE
(when debugging our own plugins).

When we use an ECLIPSE - based product with a significant number of plugins
(in our case
WSAD) it takes anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes for debugger to come up.
This behavior
seem to be quite persistent in the recent drivers (2 - 3 weeks already).
I am wondering if anyone else on the list have encountered a similar
problem. I am also
wondering what is the best way to report this problem and to which group?

Thanks,
Vadim.
Distributed Debugger Development