[platform-debug-dev] Suppress requests from "Variables" view when not shown

I would like to raise this topic again because we still need to have a
solution for debug engines that have many local variables, (in the
thousands)

Since making the last append I added code that watches for the closing of
the variables view.   This allows me to tell the connected debug engine to
stop monitoring locals when the user closes the variable view.

This doesn't really solve the problem.

What I really want is notification when the variables view is hidden so
that I have the opportunity to disable/suppress local variable monitoring
until the variables view becomes visiable again.

I can't use the "IPartListener.partDeactivated()" message because just the
act of giving another view focus (not hiding the variables view) will
create this event.    The user still expects the variables view to update
as long as it is visible.

Back to the top