[platform-debug-dev] Common breakpoints across all debug targets causes problems...

An area that is causing us usability issues is the common breakpoint
manager.

Because our plugin interacts with debug engines that work on different
platforms/OS's it can get confusing to the user when they add/change or
delete a breakpoint.   In most cases they think they are interacting with
the current debug target and expect it to behave as if there is that
context.

One area in particular is when one of our special breakpoints that the user
creates is not valid.    Because it might be valid to other debug targets
we don't automatically delete an invalid breakpoint because it might be
valid when working with another debug target.

I don't have a solution at the moment.   Over the next couple of weeks I
will be spending more time looking at this issue so for now I just want to
raise the requirement to have a context for the breakpoint manager.

Alan Boxall - IBM Distributed Debugger

Back to the top