Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debug Work Items for 2.1 and Beyond

This is what we are doing now.  I was just concerned that when we create
our own label we want it to "look" as if it was created by the Java model
presentation.  For example can we count on the name returned by
IThread.getName() to be exactly the same as what is shown by the Java model
presentation for the thread label?

Erin

----- Forwarded by Erin Harris/Toronto/IBM on 08/14/2002 12:51 PM -----

                      "Darin Wright"
                      <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxx>           To:       platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      platform-debug-dev-admin@        Subject:  Re: [platform-debug-dev] Debug Work Items for 2.1 and Beyond
                      eclipse.org

                      08/14/2002 12:33 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-debug-dev

8.  Sometimes we want to show our own label for threads and sometimes we
want to show the JDT label.  For example when the user asks to step and in
order to accomplish this we set a hidden Java breakpoint and tell the Java
thread to run, we want in this case to show our own label for the thread.
When a Java breakpoint is hit, however we want to use the Java label rather
than have to recreate the labels for all of the different Java breakpoint
types (watchpoint, line, method, exception).  It would be nice if there was
some way to ensure that the labels at least had the same format (even if
the JDT format changes).   This is probably not a big concern if you don't
expect the format to change.

There should be a way to accomplish this already (if I understand the
request properly). You can create a debug model presentation for a specific
debug model, via DebugUITools.newDebugModelPresentation(String identifier),
and then query that presentation for the label, by passing it the proper
object. In this case, when you want the "Java label", pass the underlying
IJavaThread to the "Java" model presentation, using #getText(...).

Darin

Back to the top