Re: [platform-core-dev] Creating new file without using java.io.File

Thanks a lot. That worked :)
________________________________
From: platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of John Arthorne [John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 4:58 PM
To: Eclipse Platform Core component developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-core-dev] Creating new file without using java.io.File

You can create a new empty file by opening an output stream and then immediately close it. I.e., fs.openOutputStream(...).close();

John

From:        "Grigoropol, IoanaX" <ioanax.grigoropol@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        03/22/2013 10:28 AM
Sent by:        platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
________________________________

Hello,

I am trying to abstractive a remote file store implementation and I am stuck in the following scenario:

           IFileStore fs = EFS.getStore(uri);
           fs = fs.getFileStore(relPath);
           IFileInfo f = fs.fetchInfo();
           if (!f.exists()){
                // create this file
           }
Is there a way of creating a new file without using java.io.File.createNewFile() ?  This fails in my case since the URI that this file was created on is not a local one (does not start with "file://").
Are there any recommended ways of creating a new file just by using the interfaces IFileInfo and/ord IFileStore (eg. fileStore.createNewFile() method)?

Thank you,
Ioana Grigoropol