Re: [platform-core-dev] Testing the Eclipse Editor component logic

Daniel Megert murmured on Yakatit 4, 2005:

> We don't have headless tests for UI components. There are several tests
> for the model (document and file buffer tests) and then tests that
> directly interact with either the viewer or the editor.

Yay !

> You can either get all available Eclipse SDK tests from our download page,
> e.g.
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.3M5a-201302041400/#JUnitPlugin
> or you can take a closer look at the Platform Text test projects (those
> who end with ".tests"):
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.text.git/tree/

Woah, thanks a lot ! That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for!

Because of the stability approach of those tests (which I surmise are
not really released, and even more probably don't have the same
stability goals as the Eclipse platform release itself), I may have to
reproduce some of this, but in any case, the architecture is inspirational.

Very cool to have had your input on this,
--
FG

Back to the top