[platform-core-dev] -1 for James Blackburn on eclipse.platform.core by John Arthorne

John Arthorne voted:
    -1
I think James will make a great committer on platform core if he is
interested. He provides very detailed and thoughtful analysis on bugs, and
I was impressed by his ability to understand some extremely thorny problems
in the platform concurrency infrastructure.

However, I reviewed his committed contribution record based on the IP log
and this is what I see on platform core:

 - A one line resources fix in bug 265235
 - A test case for jobs bug 307282
 - A great fix and test in jobs bug 307391

Maybe I\'m missing something, but based on this information I have to vote
-1. There just isn\'t enough contribution record yet from my viewpoint to
justify commit rights. For one, it would be unfair to some other committers
who worked for 6+ months and contributed 15-20 significant fixes before
becoming committers. I think commit rights are a significant privilege and
we need to make sure they are well earned based on contributions within
each project/component.

In the end, I would say James is on the right track, and if he continues
contributing we should definitely revisit this in the near future. Also, if
there are some significant contributions that were committed that I have
just missed, please let me know and I will be happy to revisit my vote
based on new information.

Voting summary: http://portal.eclipse.org/

Back to the top