[platform-core-dev] What's a project

Title: What's a project

Hi Martin -

You're right, I'm talking about an Application Layer (although I didn't want to use that term, as it may not mean the same thing to everyone).

"View" is another word we need to define, since it probably means different things to different people, also.  Those of use using SCM systems which support "views" probably think of that definition, which is think is different from "perspective".  However, Eclipse also defines "perspective" in its own manner.

You write of "persisting meta data" - yes, provided we can add our own metadata to it (but that's what I meant by extensible).

A mechanism that provides a list of files (or a mapping of files, or a directory, or) isn't sufficient, IMHO.  That just leads to each "customer" defining a project defining their own MyLanguageProject class, as we currently see with CDT (or Python or).

Cheers,

Eric

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top