Re: [platform-core-dev] Flexible Resource Model use case

Terence Parker wrote on 05/21/2008 12:52:12 PM:

> You could create all links at the file level rather than the folder level, but
> that doesn't scale well for large projects.  It also ties you to a
> view of a folder that doesn't update when you refresh it.  Or was
> your suggestion to hide a subfolder by creating a null file system
> link with the same name?

Yes, I was just suggesting if you want to hide a particular folder or file, that could be implemented under the covers using a linked resource pointing to the null file system. It can't be used to easily implement a selective inclusion model or a pattern-based inclusion/exclusion model.

John

Back to the top