Re: [platform-core-dev] Flexible Resource Model use case

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Serge Beauchamp <serge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That being said, I'm not against an exclusion mechanism for folder linked resources, but I think it is in most case the wrong solution for the user's requirements, where a simpler solution is possible.

I give nearly equal weight to inclusion- and exclusion-based mechanisms.  For some resource types (even C++ files for some projects), you want all files that match that type to become a part of your project/build.  When the project's source control system has poor/nonexistent Eclipse support you want a file system refresh to pick up new files, but only in the folders of interest.

--Terry

Back to the top