Re: [platform-core-dev] Flexible Resource Model use case

Although the effort of adding exclusion support in the resource layer may be straight forward, I wonder what additional effort would be required to make this support work well with the Team layer. One of the factors that makes this complicated is that there is a wide range of integration styles for repository providers. Some have rich integration and are Eclipse resource aware (CVS), others may have some resource knowledge but operate directly on the file system (SVN), some use their own EFS implementation on projects to have better control over moves and copies (Jazz) while others have a low level of integration  (i.e. actions launch external commands). It is important that any work that is done in this area have clear expectations on how this will effect the different types of repository providers. Ideally, the support should just work with existing providers. However, this probably isn't possible so it may be necessary to provide a means of allowing repository providers to indicate whether they support exclusions or not. It would also be good (I would even say necessary) to have API that makes it possible for any style of repository provider to adopt support for exclusions.

Michael