RE: [platform-core-dev] Flexible Resource Model use case

Hi Terry, this is definitely one of the use cases I have in mind. Project refresh times alone are a hot item for some our customers. Being able to trim children from ever being seen is definitely a requirement.

Thanks!
Doug.

From: platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Terence Parker
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:21 PM
To: platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [platform-core-dev] Flexible Resource Model use case

I haven't seen the following use case yet so I want to add it to the discussion.
  • A project needs to pull in code that is rooted in folder "A1"
  • A1 is outside the user's workspace
  • A1 contains many subfolders
  • Only a handful of A1's subfolders are a part of the project
  • IFolder.createLink() is called, linking the project to folder A1
  • IFolder.createLink() starts a refresh that traverses _everything_ under A1
  • The cost of traversing all of A1's subfolders is too high--IResource.setHidden() can only be called on subfolders after they have been pulled into the workspace
We need a way to hook into the resource delta creation so that any nested subfolder can be hidden _before_ that subfolder is traversed.

--Terry Parker

Back to the top