Re: [platform-core-dev] Invoke feature updater programatically?

Technical questions and discussions about using eclipse and eclipse-based tools, and developing plug-in tools should be posted to the newsgroups. Mailing lists at eclipse.org are intended for use by developers actually working on or otherwise contributing to day-to-day development. The development mailing lists are the way design and implementation issues are discussed and decisions voted on by the committers.
--

David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/16/2008 01:56 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Core component developers list."        <platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-core-dev] Invoke feature updater programatically?

Folks:

Is there any way to invoke the feature install manager programatically?

I have a plug-in that's tied directly to the server that it's
communicating with ... I have the ability to determine if the plug-in
needs to be updated.

I would like to be able to invoke the update manager from my plug-in's
initial connect routine so I can force the user to upgrade (so the
plug-in can communicate with the server and they can continue to use the
plug-in).

I'm currently tied to Eclipse 3.2.2.

Thanks!

david