From: Sriram Hariharasubramanian
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:32 AM
To: 'platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Help required wrt Builders ....

Hi All,

I am currently facing an issue in implementing builders.

The snippet from the plugin.xml is

<plugin>

<extension

         id="jcvBuilder"

         name="JCV Builder"

         point="org.eclipse.core.resources.builders">

      <builder

            hasNature="false">

         <run

               class="jcv.builder.JcvBuilder">

         </run>

      </builder>

   </extension>

   <extension

         id="jcvProblems"

         name="JCV Problem"

         point="org.eclipse.core.resources.markers">

      <super

            type="org.eclipse.core.resources.problemmarker">

      </super>

      <persistent

            value="false">

      </persistent>

</extension>

.. .. ..

... .. ..

</plugin>

Inside my activator (plugin) class I have defined the following –

            // The plug-in ID

            public static final String PLUGIN_ID = "JCV_PLUGIN";

            // The builder ID

            public static final String BUILDER_ID = "JCV_PLUGIN.jcvBuilder";

I understand that the builder id is the concatenation of the plug-in ID and the builder ID. In my case JCV_PLUGIN and jcvBuilder respectively.

On testing I found that my builder is not listed under the <buildCommand> tag inside the .project file for the corresponding folder.

After manually adding the entry for my builder in the project file; I get the error message I get “Skipping builder JCV_PLUGIN.jcvBuilder for project xxxx. Either the builder is missing from the install, or it belongs to a project nature that is missing or disabled.”

The snippet which I added is –

<buildCommand>

            <name>JCV_PLUGIN.jcvBuilder</name>

            <arguments>

            </arguments>

</buildCommand>

I understand that it is due to this problem the builder was not listed in the project file.

Please let know if I am missing out on anything and guide me accordingly.

Thanking you in advance!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Sriram