Re: [platform-core-dev] URL authentication in headless mode

Thomas,
I do not believe Eclipse provides such a mechanism, but I am 99.9% sure it
is technically feasible... if you create your own plugin
If I remember, the authentication is managed by an Authenticator

Authenticator.setDefault (new MyAuthenticator ());

If we manage to register a headless authenticator first, we should be able
to do what we want (meaning we have to code it...)
Check UpdateManagerAuthenticator for a sample
We may need to create our own bundle, that is executed first before any
update code is executed ?

Now, how do we access the keyring...
The code may have changed, but I used to access the Keystore of the
JVM...There may be some code around to show you
Check org.eclipse.update.internal.security.JarVerifier

So in a nutchell, create your osgi bundle, madify the ini to load your
bundle first, in the start register your authenticator, and from there code
how you want to retrieve the uid/passwd

Does it help (somehow?)

Christophe Elek - Senior Software Analyst
IBM Rational Serviceability Architect
IBM Toronto Lab 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Phone Number: (905) 413-3467
Email: celek@xxxxxxxxxx (Embedded image moved to file: pic06350.gif)
Web:http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/