Re: [platform-core-dev] workspace repair does not work

The workspace re-builder is a tool that was created a couple of releases
ago but hadn't received any attention lately so it is no surprise that it
is not working right now.

I would recommend that you enter a bug report in Bugzilla and attach
relevant information (like your log file and any error messages you get) so
the team can try and track down why your View isn't working for that
particular workspace.

Thanks.

platform-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/24/2007 04:10:00 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to eclipse. Since a few days I doing a project at my university.
>
> Now my workspace is corrupt. The view "variables" in debugging
perspective
> does not work anymore. With other workspace this works. So it is a
workspace
> related problem.
>
> Now Im trying to fix this. I downloaded
> org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer_3.0.0.zip and unzipped it in my plugins
> directoy.
>
> Running eclipse -application org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer.application
does
> fail with this output:
> # cat /usr/local/eclipse/configuration/1179993449211.log
> !SESSION 2007-05-24
> 09:57:28.744 -----------------------------------------------
> eclipse.buildId=M20070212-1330
> java.version=1.5.0_11
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
> Framework arguments:  -application
org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer.application
> Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -application
> org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer.application
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-05-24 09:57:40.544
> !MESSAGE Application error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Application "org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer.application" could not be
found
> in the registry. The applications available are:
> org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench, org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate,
> org.eclipse.update.core.siteOptimizer,
> org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication,
> org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool,
> org.eclipse.pde.build.Build, org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild,
> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.uitestapplication,
> org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.coretestapplication,
> org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter,
> org.eclipse.swt.examples.launcher.application,
> org.eclipse.emf.codegen.CodeGen, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.JMerger,
> org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.Generator,
> org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel,
> org.eclipse.emf.importer.rose.Rose2GenModel,
> org.eclipse.xsd.ecore.importer.XSD2GenModel.
>         at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.
> run(PlatformActivator.java:68)
>         at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.
> runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
>         at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.
> start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
>         at

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)

>         at

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)

>         at

>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.
> invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
>         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
>         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
>         at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
>
> Does anyone know what to do?
>
> Steffen

Back to the top