[platform-core-dev] MANIFEST.MF Validation Issues

The project I'm working on started using Eclipse 3.1 M6 as its base last week.  We have imported the Eclipse plugins into our workspace in binary form.  Several projects have errors when validating their manifests.  One specific example is org.eclipse.core.runtime.  This plugin has classes in the root directory.  The validator can't seem to handle this as a classpath and complains about the export package lines.  I've also tried adding . and ./ as the bundle classpath with no success.  As a work around I attempted jaring up the classes and specifying this jar in the bundle classpath for each project.  This resolves the validation errors.  However, I now receive the following error when trying to startup my Eclipse based application:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:312)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:268)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:942)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:926)

I am assuming this is due to changing the osgi plugin to a jar to resolve its manifest errors.  Suggestions/comments are very welcome.  Will M7 fix this?  Is there another way to tack the manifest errors?  Is the manifest validation a bug?  Is there a way to leave my jar changes in place and get everything to startup right?

Scott

Back to the top