Re: [platform-core-dev] New platform NLS support

John Arthorne wrote:
The property files are still around (mainly because this is a convenient and familiar format for translators). I said the only *extra* work was to define the field for the key. As before, the key must also exist in the properties file. This is where the "opportunity for tooling" comes in to help keep these files in sync :)

I'm still missing a piece. Translation is typically done after the fact, without access to the source code or requiring a re-compilation. Further, the selection of which national resource to use must be dynamic. It sounds very much like in this scheme key names are constants in the code, like:

public static final String KEY1 = "hello";

How does this change to "bonjour" when I am in France?

Bob Foster

Back to the top