Re: [platform-core-dev] Valid characters in Eclipse paths

Sorry. Perhaps I was unclear. My point was that the CVS plugin does not want the colon to be a device separator at all. Ed proposed to make everything before the first colon the device when using the Path(String) constructor. For CVS, we would want a constructor (or factory method) that treated the String as a relative path (i.e., no device) even if there were colons so that files that contained a colon in the filename could be handled properly.

Michael

Ed Warnicke <eaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2004 01:28 PM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-core-dev] Valid characters in Eclipse paths

Question, if the CVS plugin uses the colon as a device seperator, what
happens under this
new proposal if I attempt to check out a file from a cvs repository that
contains a colon
in the filename?

Ed