RE: [platform-core-dev] 3.0 Runtime Adoption Guide

I expect the 3.0 documentation will be available at the first link in your list once the release is available. Since there have been 3.0 doc changes as recently as this morning, it's too soon to put it there. Stay tuned.

"Ed Burnette" <Ed.Burnette@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/25/2004 02:48 PM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

<platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-core-dev] 3.0 Runtime Adoption Guide

Ok that's good. Now, is there a place on eclipse.org where all the help books can be read on-line without having Eclipse up? For example I want to put links to reference material on my web site.

I tried here: http://www.eclipse.org/documentation/main.html
but that just points to really old documentation.

I tried here: http://help.eclipse.org/help30/index.jsp
but that doesn't exist (it exists for 2.0 and 2.1 but not 3.0).

I tried here: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/porting
and that does let you view the doc if you know the filenames. However you don't get navigation and searches like the regular help/infocenter application.

I tried here: http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/S-3.0RC3-200406192000/index.php
but that only has zip'd PDF versions of the doc, not suitable for casual browsing. Also the path would change with each build.

Is it somewhere else or does it not exist?

Re: [platform-core-dev] 3.0 Runtime Adoption Guide

this was one of the possible destinations.  it turns out that we have moved the bulk of the content to from the Core team pages into the Help Migration Guide you Mazen mentions.  The original file has been updated with notes to that effect.

Jeff

Back to the top