Re: [platform-core-dev] Tagged for build

absolutely.  We'll be working on this in M9

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/09/2004 05:33 PM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-core-dev] Tagged for build

I think we should consider putting some of this basic documentation into the platform plugin developer's guide for 3.0.  Especially details on what is a plugin, fragment, extension point, etc. Most developers won't find doc on our component page. Advanced implementation details, design docs, etc, could stay on the web page.

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/09/2004 06:50 AM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-core-dev] Tagged for build

on the doc front, Debbie and I have a runitme article just about through the hoops.  We are also working on doc for the new runtime.  See the Core's runtime area...

Jeff

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/08/2004 06:56 PM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-core-dev] Tagged for build

I have tagged the following core projects for the integration build:

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.runtime=v20040308,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/eclipse,

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.resources=v20040308,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/eclipse,

fragment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.resources.linux=v20040308,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/eclipse,

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.runtime.compatibility=v20040308,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/eclipse,

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tests.resources=v20040308,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/eclipse,

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tests.runtime=v20040308,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/eclipse,

Also, you may notice a new "runtime" section in the platform plug-in developer's guide in tomorrow's build.  There was previously almost on documentation for functionality in runtime (what a glaring omission!) I have added this section and will focus mainly on the concurrency infrastructure at first.  Both DJ and myself have commit rights to the doc and we welcome all patches <g>

Back to the top