[platform-core-dev] Q on the WorkbenchPart support for IJobChangeListener

I'm trying to match this statement from the responsiveness/concurrency presentation at EclipseCON with the code:

        "WorkbenchPart will provide default progress hint if job is scheduled from a view or editor."

As I wander the WorkbenchPart I see that getAdapter has changed to return an IJobChangeListener:
        if(IJobChangeListener.class.equals(adapter))
                return getJobChangeListener();

The default implementation of getJobChangeListener returns a null, and I've yet to find any parts in Eclipse that are using this support, but I'd like to understand the intent.

And, just so I'm clear on your protocol for marking new API, should I expect to see @since 3.0 in changed methods such as getAdapter and/or new methods like getJobChangeListener?
I use the Java task tags to help identify the new api and these are not popping up on my radar as they are not marked as I've seen others marked.

Thanks.

Pat McCarthy

Back to the top