[platform-core-dev] Eclipse as a plugin platform (splashscreen)

Hi everybody

I'm on a project to get the Eclipse plugin framework runnning all by its own.
We like the plugin mechanism and would like to use it as an component
architecture for our applications.
Since this was discussed here before, I wanted to see how others managed it and
maybe get in contact to discuss some ideas and problems.

Right now I got one minor problem: the splash screen.

When I'm starting the platform I can't tell it to display the splashscreen.
I found some strange command-line options like:"... -showsplash
c:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -showsplash 600"
And the source wasn't to helpful either:
// The command format is:
// <executable> -show <magicArg> [<splashPath>]

Why is this splashscreen using eclipse.exe?
And how can I find out about those <magicArg> ?

Thx
Matt

Back to the top