[platform-core-dev] Attn Jed: Alternate auto refresh plugin

As requested by Jed, I'm posting the project for my auto refresh plugin.
It differs from Jed's in that it uses the ReadDirectoryChangesW win32 api
call instead of the Find*ChangeNotification calls, and seems to perform
better on clearcase dynamic views as a result of this.

This plugin is pretty immature, and is not as complete a solution as Jed's
- in particular, it doesn't do any batching of resource changes, and
doesn't support platforms other than WindowsNT/2K/XP

Jed, all my source is under CPL (*.java and watchdir.cpp), but in the JNI
Layer I use some thirdparty code which isn't really under any license - I
got permission from the author to redistribute his code with mine, but its
still under his copyright/license, so you may not want to look at it.  It
basically abstracts away the complexity of ReadDirectoryChangesW  into a
couple of C++ classes.

Matt

ATTACHMENT REMOVED.

Back to the top