Re: [platform-compare-dev] How can I open a compare editor from my application ?

Tamar,

I've been trying to open a compare editor from my application but I keep
getting the error: Unhandled exception caught in event loop.

Yes, thats the generic error message that you get if something goes wrong.
You'll find a stacktrace in your workspace under .metadata/.log
Please post it here so that I can analyse what went wrong.

Can you please tell me what are the steps I need in order to open a compare
editor and customize it.

A CompareEditor is opened on an input object of type org.eclipse.compare.CompareEditorInput. The class org.eclipse.compare.internal.CompareAction is a good example for how to
open a CompareEditor from an Action.
Class ResourceCompareInput shows how to implement the abstract class CompareEditorInput
for performing a recursive compare on workspace resources.

May be you can provide some more information about how you want to customize the editor?
For example do you want to add a custom compare viewer for a specific file type
or do you just want to add some additional UI to the existing Compare editor?

--andre

Back to the top