[platform-ant-dev] Looking for advice on using Ant in Eclipse

I have looked around and can find precious little information on how to
best integrate the Eclipse IDE with existing Ant build scripts. What I
am looking for are people who have build systems that use Ant yet use
Eclipse as their primary development platform. These are folks not
developing for Eclipse but simply using Eclipse to develop their own
apps. How do they engineer their Ant scripts to work with Eclipse yet
still allow those scripts to run outside of Eclipse for nightly build
processes? We have a pretty big development process here and we are
looking at ways to allow Eclipse users to easily use the same scripts
that we use to generate the production code.

I know that I can just "use" the scripts but I am really looking for
advice on how to integrate the Eclipse compiler or disable to Eclipse
compiler and what plugins might be most useful for the typical
developer.

Jim Adams
Jim.Adams@xxxxxxx
Principal Systems Developer