From: platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Arthorne
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:58 AM
To: Eclipse Ant integration developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] how to use Ant correctly

I don't think everyone will agree with that.  In my view having your project dependent on hand-crafted build scripts is a bad thing :)

In any case, you can use Eclipse and delegate all the building to Ant.  See Help > Help Contents > Workbench User Guide > Getting started > Ant & External tools tutorial > Use cases for Ant in Eclipse > Ant buildfiles as project builders.

"Newcomb, Michael-P57487" <Michael.Newcomb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

25/08/2005 10:46 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Ant integration developers list."

<platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-ant-dev] how to use Ant correctly

I think everyone would agree that having your project dependent upon Eclipse is a bad thing.

However, I want to use Eclipse to edit my code and build the project on my machine.

So, how do I set up Eclipse so it will use my build.xml file? I tried building a project from a build.xml file, but I have several javac commands and it wants me to pick one?

I can't believe that Eclipse is so restrictive, so, what am I doing wrong?

Any tutorials?

Thanks,
Michael