RE: [platform-ant-dev] Ant taskdef problems with 3.1 M7 through to RC3

Darin,
Here is the screenshot of what I'm referring to as '?' markers.  Wasn't that explanation clear enough :p?  j/k

From: platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darin Swanson
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 2:47 PM
To: Eclipse Ant integration developers list.
Subject: RE: [platform-ant-dev] Ant taskdef problems with 3.1 M7 through to RC3

Jeremy,

Re: Still nothing - it continues to put ? markers next to things like junit, hbm2java, and middlegen.
The Ant editor does not validate tasks at parse time. I have no problems parsing your sample buildfile (once I changed the default target :-) )

What exactly do you mean by '?' markers? Possibly a screenshot is worth a thousand words?

Now if a "taskdef" was included in your sample, then an error indication is provided if the taskdef could not successfully configured at parse time (missing JAR, class not found in the JAR etc).

Thanks
Darins

"Jeremy Hanna" <jhanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/27/2005 01:35 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Ant integration developers list."

"Darin Swanson" <darinrs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Eclipse Ant integration developers list." <platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-ant-dev] Ant taskdef problems with 3.1 M7 through to RC3

Below is an example of a small build.xml that doesn't parse correctly within eclipse rc3.
I tried resetting the ANT_HOME variable in the Window->preferences->Ant->Runtime section to the location of Ant 1.6.5 on my harddrive.  In the global entries, I also included all of the libraries that the project was using.  Still nothing - it continues to put ? markers next to things like junit, hbm2java, and middlegen.
Thanks for the help!

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project name="Hibernatabase" basedir="." default="codegen">

<property name="source.root" value="src"/>
<property name="generated-source.root" value="generated_src"/>
<property name="class.root" value="bin"/>
<property name="lib.dir" value="lib"/>
<property name="conf.dir" value="conf"/>
<property name="dist.dir" value="dist"/>

<path id="project.class.path">
 <!-- Include our classes, of course -->
 <pathelement location="${class.root}"/>
 <!-- Include jars in the project library directory -->
 <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
  <include name="**/*.jar"/>
 </fileset>
</path>

<target name="test">
 <junit printsummary="false" haltonfailure="true" fork="true">
  <formatter type="brief" usefile="false"/>
  <batchtest>
   <fileset dir="${class.root}" includes="**/*Test*.class"/>
  </batchtest>
  <classpath>
   <fileset dir="lib">
    <include name="*.jar"/>