RE: [platform-ant-dev] Run Ant outside of Launch Configurations?

Thanks, Darin.

This is getting me further along the launch configuration path, but, perhaps, not closer to my goal.

Here is my goal: I would like to run Ant within Eclipse so that the output can go to the Eclipse console, but that the Ant buildfile may be located anywhere - just like invoking Ant with the '-f' argument.

In Eclipse 2.0 this was accomplished easily using the AntRunner and setting the buildfile to an arbitrary string and the logger class to 'org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.internal.ui.ant.AntBuildLogger'.

In Eclipse 2.1 the AntRunner is still there but the AntBuildLogger is not. I understand it is in an 'internal' package marking it as subject to change/removal, but I can't seem to find a replacement.

Q: Is there a replacement to AntBuildLogger that I may have overlooked?

So my simple goal is to run AntRunner over an aribitrary buildfile (in the workspace or outside of it) passing it a logger class name that will output the logs into the Eclipse console.

I started looking at the AntLaunchShortcut class again in an 'internal' package. Now I'm down the rabbit hole of working with Launch Configurations. I found that the LaunchConfiguration requires an IFile object which is only valid under the workspace (references outside the workspace return null).

Q: Is there any, simple, middle ground between the Eclipse 2.0 AntBuildLogger and the Eclipse 2.1 AntLaunchShortcut/LaunchConfigurations? Alternatively, is there documentation on how to migrate from AntRunner/AntBuildLogger to LaunchConfigurations?

I'm also not well versed with all the developments between Eclipse 2.0 and Eclipse 2.1. If there are pieces of documentation that describe these changes at a higher level, then I think I can work from them back down to my specific example.

Thanks for your help.

-Naresh