Re: [platform-ant-dev] OutOfMemory error running Ant from Eclipse

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 11:09 AM, Darin Swanson wrote:
Eclipse's Ant integration runs Ant in the same virtual machine as Eclipse.
So you need to increase the memory that you allocate to the Eclipse VM.
Use -vmargs and specifying something like:
"-vmargs -Xmx256M -Xms256M"

These are the args for the run of *Eclipse*, yes? Not those that may be specified for the run of an external tool, or some such thing... I'm having lots of trouble with OOM errors too, but, I believe, only when running multiple copies of eclipse.

I must admit I'm still not positive of which VMs are used in each of the following cases:
1) Run External Tools -> Ant Build
2) Run JUnit Plugin Test -> Ant JUnits (org.eclipse.ant.tests.core.AutomatedSuite)
3) Run Run-time Workbench -> ... (a new instance of eclipse using code from the workspace)

I tried fiddling with the VM args section of the JUnit Plug-in VM Arguments tab but it only made things worse.

Blake Meike

Back to the top