[platform-ant-dev] Arrgh! Running patched org.eclipse.ant.core

I just made a trivial change to the ant code which I expect to submit, shortly, as a patch. I also made a corresponding change to the relevant JUnit test.

On running the JUnits, I discover that they now fail. Although my new JUnit test is being run, my new version of org.eclipse.ant.core is not. I don't understand why not. Where does the decision about where to look for stuff get made.

I'm not sure it is relevant, but the .log file in the target workspace (the one in which the test Eclipse is run) contains the message below.

I'm pretty baffled.

Thanks
  Blake Meike

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Apr 12, 2003 15:20:28.442
!MESSAGE Exception showing splash screen.
!STACK
java.io.IOException: /Volumes/Home/Users/blake/Documents/Projects/eclipse-dev/eclipse: not found
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:54)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:546)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:472)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:438)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.handleSplash(Main.java:1073)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:285)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)
        at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:88)
        at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.ja va:52)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Apr 12, 2003 15:20:38.663
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Application not found: xANT. at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader .java:843)
        at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)
        at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:88)
        at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.ja va:52)

Back to the top