Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant/External Tools for 2.2

---------------
> Here are a few thoughts about things we could do for 2.2 in addition to
bug
> fixes. I'd like to do the architectural changes; the features are just
ideas,
> not necessarily things I'm crazy about.
>
> Architecture:
> 1. Rework plug-in structure.
>   - Move Ant UI code to org.eclipse.ant.ui plugin
>   - Move generic bits (like variables) into the debug framework
> 2. Create/choose an Ant model. We have a few competing "Ant models" in
our
> world. They should be unified.

3. Refactor the Ant Editor with the following aspects in mind:
  - Extract a plain XML Editor from it which we subclass and enhance with
our
    Ant specific features. Or if an XML Editor is developped in other sub
projects
    of Eclipse, get together with those guys, for merging. IMHO the Ant
Editor has
    some basic XML features which do help me a lot already when editing my
    simple XML Files. This is the chance to give people a simple XML Editor
    with relatively small effort.

greetings, Alf