Re: [platform-ant-dev] Using latest org.eclipse.ant.core plugin generated from the exportPlugin script

It sounds like a good idea, Jeff, but it looks like the other teams aren't
using PDE either. I looked through CVS and SWT was the only project I saw
with a build.xml file in the repository. (Assuming my interpretation is
correct) any idea why the other teams aren't using PDE?

It looks like everyone currently uses an exportplugins.xml build file, but PDE
doesn't have any scripts in the repository at all. Do you have any idea how
PDE updates their host plugins between builds? Do they generate the build.xml
file and delete it everytime they export? It seems like that would get
tedious.

- Jared

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 07:46 pm, Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Can you refresh my memory as to why you can't use PDE to build your jars?
> Its a bummer that you can't/don't because:
>
> - fewer people eating our own dog food and providing feedback
> - more work for you to write/maintain the export scripts
> - more errors because you are testing something different then what will
> be built.

Back to the top