[platform-ant-dev] Custom taskdef in build file failing with ClassCastException. Ecl ipse RC1

Hi

Have posted this to news group as well but (a) my news reader cannot connect
to Eclipse news server and (b) web interface does not show any postings...

Anway,

I have an Ant build file that I currently use from cmd line and with Forte.
I have several custom tasks defined in it.
These all work fine. However today, I downloaded Eclipse RC1 (Forte is too
slow, too much of a memory hog etc) hoever
when I try to execute the "Run Ant" option, I get a failure shown on the
"Run Ant" dialog when Eclipse parses a custom
task definition. The failure I get is a ClassCastException. Defining the
custom task from within Eclipse works
but I would rather prefer to define the custom task in the build file
itself. I have tried various things to get this to
work, namely:

	- using absolute and relative paths in the build.xml file
	- classpaths definition for the custom task using a ref-id and
inline

all to no avail. Question is, as a newbie, am I doing anything compltely
stupid.

Thanks

Mark Rowell

Mark Rowell
CreditTrade

T: +44 (020) 7400 5078
M: mailto:mark.rowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CreditTrade Limited is regulated by the FSA. (c) CreditTrade 2002. All rights reserved. The information and data contained in this email is provided for the information purposes of the addressee only and should not be reproduced and/or distributed to any other person. It is provided without any warranty whatsoever and unless stated otherwise consists purely of indicative market prices and other information.

Any opinion or comments expressed or assumption made in association with the data or information provided in this email is a reflection of CreditTrades judgement at the time of compiling the data and is subject to change. CreditTrade hereby makes no representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to the completeness or accuracy of this email.

The content of this email is not intended as an offer or solicitation for, or recommendation of, the purchase or sale of any financial instrument, or as an official confirmation of any transaction, and should not be construed as investment advice.

Back to the top