From: Darin Swanson [mailto:Darin_Swanson@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 7:57 AM
To: platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Apache Ant as feature

Is this an exercise for future upgrades or just for Pre 2.1 Eclipse?
Eclipse's org.apache.ant in the 2.1 stream has been 1.5.1 for some time now.

Darins

"Sikha, Naresh" <Naresh.Sikha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/06/03 09:39 AM
Please respond to platform-ant-dev

        To:        "'platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [platform-ant-dev] Apache Ant as feature

I am attempting to create a feature that upgrades the version of org.apache.ant from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1. Everything is working to automatically install/update the feature and the plugin. The plugin, itself, is just pulled from dev.eclipse.org's CVS.

Now the interesting part - I would like, as part of this feature install, to automatically upgrade the preferences of org.eclipse.ant.core to point to the new version of Apache Ant. Based on my initial research I have concluded that I should do this via the IInstallHandler API.

So I have a couple of questions:

- If I would like the same behavior, in addition to upgrading preferences, of the DefaultInstallHandler (*internal* package) do I need to copy it to not be dependent on internal packages?
- Why does org.eclipse.ant.core keep absolute location paths to Ant? Couldn't this be a variable so the org.eclipse.ant.core will just utilize the currently running version of the org.apache.ant plugin?
- How can I update preferences during a feature install? Is it as simple as 'AntCorePlugin.getPlugin().getPluginPreferences()' or will the install handler's classloader not find plugin classes?

If this isn't the correct forum for some/all of the above questions, your guidance in which forum to post is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Naresh

Naresh Sikha
Senior Staff, Technology Solutions

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.

215 Fremont Street / SF215FMT-06-274

San Francisco, CA 94105-2306

W: 415-667-8071

E:
naresh.sikha@xxxxxxxxxx
WARNING
: All email sent to this address will be received by the Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. corporate email system and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient.

Back to the top