Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant Editor Tests

On Monday 27 January 2003 09:54 am, Alf.Schiefelbein@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just tried getting into the current Ant Editor code.
> I actually wanted to fix some bugs, which I expect to be still in the
> source.

Good to hear. :-)

> Now I noticed that you put all the JUnit tests into a separate package. It
> seems that you didn't care too much about those yet.
<snip>
> I am afraid that when we just leave the tests lying there without
> maintaining
> them, quite some cool features of Planty will be lost very soon.

My plan on the testing front is to get a tests plug-in created in the
repository for External Tools UI. The Planty tests will reside there.

I agree with you that we should make sure the tests still work in the
meantime. If you're willing to do the work to make sure they still function,
I'd be happy to check the changes into the repository.

Incidentally, if you're interested in getting commit rights to the project in
the Eclipse.org repository, we should be able to make that happen. As long as
you're willing to continue to provide updates/fixes (as demonstrated by
patches submitted here or to bug reports), I'm hopeful that we can get moving
on that front soon.

> Do I really have to always get the whole Eclipse Head tree in my local
> repository up to date in order to be able to compile and test the Ant
> Editor?

No! :-) As long as you're using a recent integration build, you should be able
to just import the rest of the plug-ins as binary (File->Import->External
Plug-ins and Fragments...). Occasionally, changes are made the
org.eclipse.ui.externaltools plug-in that require changes from prerequisite
plug-ins (like ant.core and debug.core) from CVS, but you don't need to check
out the rest of Eclipse as source.

FYI, the only projects I normally check out from CVS are the Ant, Debug
Platform, JDT Debug, JDT Launching, and External Tools UI plug-ins - the
projects I contribute to.

- Jared

Back to the top