[platform-ant-dev] Ant Editor Tests

Hello there!

I just tried getting into the current Ant Editor code.
I actually wanted to fix some bugs, which I expect to be still in the
source.

Now I noticed that you put all the JUnit tests into a separate package. It
seems that you didn't care too much about those yet. I once put quite a lot
of
effort into those tests. Pretty much every feature of Planty was tested
with the
test suite. I know writing tests may be tedious, though they were very
useful for
me. They kept me from having to relauch the Runtime Workbench all the time
and to
test the features by clicking and typing.
I am afraid that when we just leave the tests lying there without
maintaining
them, quite some cool features of Planty will be lost very soon.

I would offer you to put them up to date again, in case you are still
interested
for them and if you plan to integrate them into the build routine.

Another thing:
Do I really have to always get the whole Eclipse Head tree in my local
repository up to date in order to be able to compile and test the Ant
Editor?
Maybe you know of some smart way of confronting this issue without having
to shove
lot's of code over the net too often.

alf

Back to the top